Auckland off-road running blog

Welcome to Trailophile - a blog with information about off-road running trails in and around the Auckland area.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kepa Bush to....as far as we could go

Shock horror - it's been two weeks since my last post! I still did a run last week, it's just that it was crap and then I went to Wellington for a conference straight afterwards. Here's the write-up (edits to come):

Kepa Bush Reserve is a small suburban forested area with a few running tracks. A similar reserve - St John's Bush - is just up the road. Since it's all green space inbetween we thought perhaps we could run between the two reserves, but we couldn't find a way through - it's blocked by train tracks and pony club land. So this run was a bit shorter than I would have liked.

Kepa Bush
We parked at Eastridge Shopping Centre and walked down to the entrance. We followed the track east along the creek for as far as we could and ended up at Meadowbank Pony Club. Because of the railway tracks you can't follow the creek right along. We weren't sure if we could go across the fields but I will find out and report back! Kepa Bush is nice though!

Map
Here's a Google Map of the Kepa Bush location.

Here's a photo showing tracks within Kepa Bush.


Verdict
This run needs more work before I can blog about it properly! I'll keep editing and updating.

No comments: